Jennifer Hudson Boards 'The Voice' as Season 13 Coach
A new coach is coming to the upcoming installment of NBC's "The Voice". The network has announced via Twitter that Jennifer Hudson will perch among one of the show's iconic chairs in the upcoming season 13.
Jennifer will be taking over Alicia Keys' coaching gig as the latter decides to exit the show for good after two consecutive seasons. Also joining the new season is Miley Cyrus. The returning coach boards the show to give Gwen Stefani a break. "Joining Adam, Miley and Blake next season… @IAMJHUD! ✌️ #TheVoice," the official Twitter account of "The Voice" wrote.
"Jennifer is an extraordinary vocal talent and one of the premier voices of our time. She embodies the experience, expertise, positivity and sheer talent that 'The Voice' stands for,” NBC Entertainment alternative and reality group president Paul Telegdy said Wednesday, May 10, in a statement. He added, "Her exceptional skills as a singer and actress have extended to film, television and Broadway, which makes her an incredible addition and a natural fit for our show."
Jennifer is no stranger to TV talent competition show. The "If This Isn't Love" singer made her start as a contestant of the third season of "American Idol". She was also the winning coach on "The Voice UK" season 6 earlier this year. Besides singing, Jennifer is known for her acting skills. She won an Oscar for her supporting role in "Dreamgirls".
"The Voice" current season 12 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 P.M. on NBC.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy