Jennifer Hudson Boards 'The Voice' as Season 13 Coach
A new coach is coming to the upcoming installment of NBC's "The Voice". The network has announced via Twitter that Jennifer Hudson will perch among one of the show's iconic chairs in the upcoming season 13.
Jennifer will be taking over Alicia Keys' coaching gig as the latter decides to exit the show for good after two consecutive seasons. Also joining the new season is Miley Cyrus. The returning coach boards the show to give Gwen Stefani a break. "Joining Adam, Miley and Blake next season… @IAMJHUD! ✌️ #TheVoice," the official Twitter account of "The Voice" wrote.
"Jennifer is an extraordinary vocal talent and one of the premier voices of our time. She embodies the experience, expertise, positivity and sheer talent that 'The Voice' stands for,” NBC Entertainment alternative and reality group president Paul Telegdy said Wednesday, May 10, in a statement. He added, "Her exceptional skills as a singer and actress have extended to film, television and Broadway, which makes her an incredible addition and a natural fit for our show."
Jennifer is no stranger to TV talent competition show. The "If This Isn't Love" singer made her start as a contestant of the third season of "American Idol". She was also the winning coach on "The Voice UK" season 6 earlier this year. Besides singing, Jennifer is known for her acting skills. She won an Oscar for her supporting role in "Dreamgirls".
"The Voice" current season 12 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 P.M. on NBC.
More The Voice News
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women