Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
Nick Cannon has made it clear that he and Mariah Carey are only best friends. "Are you and Mariah still sleeping together?" Wendy Williams asked on "The Wendy Williams Show", before adding, "In my mind, I believe you are and there would be nothing wrong with that."
The former "America's Got Talent" judge immediately denied it. "There would be nothing wrong with that, but that's not the case," he stated. "There's nothing but unconditional love there, I mean she's gorgeous but you know, I'm respectful. I put the kids to bed and I go home."
Wendy was surprised by his answer and refused to believe him. "I'm rooting for you guys to get back together in five years," she declared, before claiming that Nick had "broken two of [Mariah]'s relationships" because he was always around when Mariah got into a relationship with other men. "When she was with the billionaire? You broke them up!" Wendy exclaimed.
Nick explained that he didn't interfere with Mariah's personal life, insisting that he was always around his ex-wife only because of his children. When asked about why they decided to split, he answered, "When two people are in a relationship, it should be about growth. It should be a situation where everyone's becoming a better human being in the relationship."
The "Gigolo" hitmaker thinks that he can't be a good father within the relationship. "So when you get to a point where there's no longer any growth and you're not bettering each other - especially when you're building a household to become one, I felt like it was probably best, especially for our children since they are the number one priority," he shared, before concluding, "I could be the best human being and the best father from outside that house."
Besides talking about his relationship with Mariah, Nick blasted Nicki Minaj's booty on the show.
More Nick Cannon News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters