Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
Nick Cannon has made it clear that he and Mariah Carey are only best friends. "Are you and Mariah still sleeping together?" Wendy Williams asked on "The Wendy Williams Show", before adding, "In my mind, I believe you are and there would be nothing wrong with that."
The former "America's Got Talent" judge immediately denied it. "There would be nothing wrong with that, but that's not the case," he stated. "There's nothing but unconditional love there, I mean she's gorgeous but you know, I'm respectful. I put the kids to bed and I go home."
Wendy was surprised by his answer and refused to believe him. "I'm rooting for you guys to get back together in five years," she declared, before claiming that Nick had "broken two of [Mariah]'s relationships" because he was always around when Mariah got into a relationship with other men. "When she was with the billionaire? You broke them up!" Wendy exclaimed.
Nick explained that he didn't interfere with Mariah's personal life, insisting that he was always around his ex-wife only because of his children. When asked about why they decided to split, he answered, "When two people are in a relationship, it should be about growth. It should be a situation where everyone's becoming a better human being in the relationship."
The "Gigolo" hitmaker thinks that he can't be a good father within the relationship. "So when you get to a point where there's no longer any growth and you're not bettering each other - especially when you're building a household to become one, I felt like it was probably best, especially for our children since they are the number one priority," he shared, before concluding, "I could be the best human being and the best father from outside that house."
Besides talking about his relationship with Mariah, Nick blasted Nicki Minaj's booty on the show.
More Nick Cannon News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS