'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Original Track Featuring David Hasselhoff Is Released
Marvel Studios has officially released a track off "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" soundtrack. Performed by The Sneepers and featuring David Hasselhoff, "Guardians Inferno" is the only original track on the upcoming action movie's soundtrack.
In the funky and retro song, the "Baywatch" vet shows off his rapping skills as he spits lyrics about Rocket, Groot and Star-Lord. "Getting down and dirty with a procyon lotor (scientific name for raccoon)/Got no people skills but he's good with motors," he raps. "That weird thing by his side is an infantilized sequoia/When the two of them walk by people say oh boy-yah!/They ask me why I'm bringing a baby into battle/That's really irresponsible and getting them rattled!/I say 'Give me a break, get off my back damn it!/I didn't learn parenting my daddy was a planet."
The 64-year-old actor ends the song dramatically as saying, "In these times of hardships, just remember, We..are...Groot..." Director James Gunn is also featured in the song, singing the chorus.
Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Karen Gillan and Michael Rooker are among the returning stars, while Kurt Russell and Sylvester Stallone join the cast as new characters.
The movie is set to open in theaters across the nation on May 5.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son