Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Dad Found Dead of Possible Overdose
Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr. has passed away in Los Angeles due to possible overdose. He was 72. According to TMZ, the father of Oscar-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. was found dead on Thursday, April 20 in his car, which was parked on Ventura Blvd. in Woodland Hills, California.
Law enforcement told the publication that Gooding Sr. was "slumped over in his silver Jaguar." The fire department responded to the scene at 12:58 P.M. PT and attempted CPR, but the soul singer could not be resuscitated.
After finding empty booze containers in the car, police suspect an overdose is the cause of the singer's death.
Gooding Sr. was the lead singer of the '70s soul group The Main Ingredient. He is survived by his wife, Shirley, and their four children, including Gooding Jr. and Omar Gooding.
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival