Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Dad Found Dead of Possible Overdose
Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr. has passed away in Los Angeles due to possible overdose. He was 72. According to TMZ, the father of Oscar-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. was found dead on Thursday, April 20 in his car, which was parked on Ventura Blvd. in Woodland Hills, California.
Law enforcement told the publication that Gooding Sr. was "slumped over in his silver Jaguar." The fire department responded to the scene at 12:58 P.M. PT and attempted CPR, but the soul singer could not be resuscitated.
After finding empty booze containers in the car, police suspect an overdose is the cause of the singer's death.
Gooding Sr. was the lead singer of the '70s soul group The Main Ingredient. He is survived by his wife, Shirley, and their four children, including Gooding Jr. and Omar Gooding.
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72