Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Dad Found Dead of Possible Overdose
Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr. has passed away in Los Angeles due to possible overdose. He was 72. According to TMZ, the father of Oscar-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. was found dead on Thursday, April 20 in his car, which was parked on Ventura Blvd. in Woodland Hills, California.
Law enforcement told the publication that Gooding Sr. was "slumped over in his silver Jaguar." The fire department responded to the scene at 12:58 P.M. PT and attempted CPR, but the soul singer could not be resuscitated.
After finding empty booze containers in the car, police suspect an overdose is the cause of the singer's death.
Gooding Sr. was the lead singer of the '70s soul group The Main Ingredient. He is survived by his wife, Shirley, and their four children, including Gooding Jr. and Omar Gooding.
More Cuba Gooding Jr. News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier