Bruce Springsteen Calls Out Donald Trump in New Song 'That's What Makes Us Great'
Bruce Springsteen releases an anti-Donald Trump song called "That's What Makes Us Great". The iconic rocker calls the commander-in-chief a con man in the new protest song written by his longtime friend Joe Grushecky.
"Don't tell me a lie/ And sell it as a fact/ I've been down that road before/ And I ain't goin' back," Springsteen sings. "Don't you brag to me/ That you never read a book/ I never put my faith/ In a con man and his crooks."
Grushecky told Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he wrote it in January after Trump was inaugurated. "I sent it to him [Springsteen] and he liked it. I said, 'What do you think about singing on it?' He gave it the Bruce treatment," he said.
Springsteen has been open about his concern after Trump won the election. "It's as simple as the fear of, is someone simply competent enough to do this particular job? Do they simply have the pure competence to be put in the position of such responsibility?" he once said.
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility