'Deadpool 2': Leslie Uggams Will Return as Blind Al
Leslie Uggams will reprise her role as Blind Al in "Deadpool 2". The acclaimed actress confirmed to Blackfilm that she would return for the "Deadpool" sequel during the afterparty for HBO's "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks".
Despite only having a few scenes in the first "Deadpool" movie, Uggams' Blind Al stole viewers' attention with funny scenes she had with Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool. Both were roommates and they would likely share a house again in the sequel.
Uggams is best known for her role as Kizzy on ABC's "Roots". She won an 1983 Emmy Award for outstanding hostess for her performance on her own variety show "The Leslie Uggams Show". Back in 1967, Uggams won the 1967 Tony Award for best actress in musical for her performance in "Hallelujah, Baby!". Her movie credits include cult classic "Poor Pretty Eddie" and "Sugar Hill".
"Deadpool 2" is set to hit U.S. theaters on March 2, 2018. Reynolds will return to the movie as the titular antihero. Stefan Kapicic (Colossus), Karan Soni (Dopinder the taxi driver) and Brianna Hildebrand (Negasonic Teenage Warhead) are also among the returning actors. "Atlanta" star Zazie Beetz would join the movie as new character Domino, while Josh Brolin will portray time-traveling mutant Cable.
More Deadpool 2 News
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival