Emma Watson Is Dealing With a Giant Tech Company in 'The Circle' New Clips
STX Entertainment has dropped three new "The Circle" clips ahead of its release date on April 28. The clips, titled "Unfulfilled Potential", "We Don't Belong Here" and "Unified System", offer a look at Emma Watson's character as well as her experience in the titular giant tech company.
The "Unfulfilled Potential" clip features Watson's Mae going through a job interview at The Circle. The interviewer gives her rather odd questions, such as, "Paul or John?", which may refer to Paul McCartney and John Lennon from The Beatles. Mae's answer is "early Paul, late John." When she is asked whether she'd like to go out with the interviewer, she uncomfortably says, "It's very inappropriate." At the end of the clip, the interviewer wants to know Mae's biggest fear, to which she answers, "Unfulfilled potential."
The clip titled "Unified System" features Mae expressing her idea about unified systems to her colleagues, who include The Circle founder Eamon Bailey (Tom Hanks). "Why not stop duplicating services. Why not just make it all part of one unified system? You could pay your taxes, vote, pay your parking ticket all through your circle accounts," she says, much to her colleagues' content.
The clip titled "We Don't Belong Here", meanwhile seems much darker than the previous ones. In the video, Mae and Ty (John Boyega) are going into what looks like a secret tunnel. "What is this?" asks Mae, to which Ty answers, "Supposed to be part of a subway but they abandoned it." Ty later tells her an eerie fact about the company they work in. "The rest of it all...the plan is everything, can be recorded, seen, broadcast. All of it is stored and analyzed, available to The Circle in anyway," he says.
Based on Dave Eggers' best-selling novel of the same name, "The Circle" highlights the insecurity caused by advanced technology in modern world. Also starring alongside Watson and Hanks in "The Circle" are Karen Gillan, Patton Oswalt, Bill Paxton and Glenne Headly. The movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on April 28.
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72