Star-Lord and Crew Shine at 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Los Angeles Premiere
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" held a Los Angeles premiere at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood on Wednesday, April 19. The event was attended by cast members, who include Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Kurt Russell and Sylvester Stallone. Director James Gunn was also present on the purple carpet.
Pratt attended the premiere along with wife Anna Faris. The Star-Lord depicter looked dapper in his grey suit, while Faris looked lovely in her Marchesa classic white dress. Saldana looked dazzling in her acid bright orange mini dress from Emilio Pucci's Fall 2017 ready-to-wear collection, while Gillan opted for a lovely yellow attire from Monse. Debicki, who portrayed villainous Ayesha in the movie, shone in her silver gown.
During the premiere, Debicki shared a few details about her character, saying that Ayesha was a "pretty extreme character" and didn't have any sense of humor. She also gave an overview about the costume she wore in the movie. "The dress is incredible, I've certainly never seen anything like that. It takes a lot of manpower, woman power to move it," said Debicki. "It's very heavy and of course it is quite extreme," she added.
Russell, who plays Star-Lord's father Ego, expressed his excitement at the movie by saying that he loved all the characters in it as well as "the relationship between the people." He added, "It what makes the movie has so much emotion."
Set to the backdrop of "Awesome Mixtape #2", Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand. The movie is set to be released in the U.S. on May 5.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy