Will Smith Courting the Role of Genie in Guy Ritchie's 'Aladdin'
Will Smith is reportedly in negotiations for an upcoming Disney live-action movie. The 48-year-old actor is allegedly circling the coveted role of Genie in a new take on the classic tale "Aladdin" which is set to be directed by Guy Ritchie.
The story revolves around a young man granted three wishes by a genie trapped in a lamp. He is pitted against the evil sorcerer who covets the magical object. The Genie was voiced by the late Robin Williams in the original 1992 animated film.
Will Smith was last seen in "Collateral Beauty" last year. He also starred as Deadshot in DC antihero film "Suicide Squad". His next movies include David Ayer's "Bright". He was previously in talks for Disney live-action "Dumbo" which has Tim Burton at the helm, but the discussions stalled due to scheduling conflict.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier