Will Smith Courting the Role of Genie in Guy Ritchie's 'Aladdin'
Will Smith is reportedly in negotiations for an upcoming Disney live-action movie. The 48-year-old actor is allegedly circling the coveted role of Genie in a new take on the classic tale "Aladdin" which is set to be directed by Guy Ritchie.
The story revolves around a young man granted three wishes by a genie trapped in a lamp. He is pitted against the evil sorcerer who covets the magical object. The Genie was voiced by the late Robin Williams in the original 1992 animated film.
Will Smith was last seen in "Collateral Beauty" last year. He also starred as Deadshot in DC antihero film "Suicide Squad". His next movies include David Ayer's "Bright". He was previously in talks for Disney live-action "Dumbo" which has Tim Burton at the helm, but the discussions stalled due to scheduling conflict.
More Aladdin News
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film