Will Smith Courting the Role of Genie in Guy Ritchie's 'Aladdin'
Will Smith is reportedly in negotiations for an upcoming Disney live-action movie. The 48-year-old actor is allegedly circling the coveted role of Genie in a new take on the classic tale "Aladdin" which is set to be directed by Guy Ritchie.
The story revolves around a young man granted three wishes by a genie trapped in a lamp. He is pitted against the evil sorcerer who covets the magical object. The Genie was voiced by the late Robin Williams in the original 1992 animated film.
Will Smith was last seen in "Collateral Beauty" last year. He also starred as Deadshot in DC antihero film "Suicide Squad". His next movies include David Ayer's "Bright". He was previously in talks for Disney live-action "Dumbo" which has Tim Burton at the helm, but the discussions stalled due to scheduling conflict.
More Aladdin News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72