Prince's 'Deliverance' EP Is Facing Legal Challenge
Prince's new EP "Deliverance" is facing legal challenge just hours after its title track was released. Sound engineer George Ian Boxill, who released the lead single, is hit with a lawsuit for control of the "Deliverance" tracks.
Rumor has it, Paisley Park and Prince's estate have filed a federal lawsuit against George, who is holding unpublished Prince tracks and threatening to release them. The lawsuit estimates the value of the recordings at more than $75,000.
According to the suit, George "is now trying to exploit one or more songs for his personal gain at expense of the Prince Estate." The sound engineer is reportedly refusing to return the tracks, which Prince's estate managed by Comerica Bank & Trust and Paisley Park Enterprises argues is rightfully theirs and violates a contract George made with Prince.
The lawsuit was initially filed in district court on Friday, but it was re-filed in federal court on Tuesday, April 18.
Prince's estate and Paisley claim a release of the so-called "Prince Recordings," would hurt its interests "permanently and irreparably." It would hurt business relationships , but more importantly, "it deprives Prince (and now the Estate) from choosing what is released to the public and when."
The suit is asking George to return "any and all masters, copies and reproductions" from the Prince Recordings and refrain from using anything he obtained with his sessions with the late singer. The lawsuit sought civil liability for theft.
More Prince News
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life