Julia Roberts Is PEOPLE's World's Most Beautiful Woman 2017
Julia Roberts has been chosen as PEOPLE's World's Most Beautiful Woman in 2017. It is the fifth time, the "Pretty Woman" actress won the title. She first graced the cover of the magazine as the World's Most Beautiful Woman back in 1991, 2000, 2005 and 2010.
Julia can hardly believe that she won the title for the record fifth time. "I am very flattered," she tells PEOPLE's editor-in-chief Jess Cagle. The "Mother's Day" actress is now way ahead of pal George Clooney, who was named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive twice. She jokes, "I'm going to mention that in my Christmas card to the Clooneys this year."
Julia says she had no idea how much her life had changed since "Pretty Woman". "People say, 'Oh, when Pretty Woman came out it must have really changed your life,' and it's kind of become this joke, but the truth is I was out of town when Pretty Woman came out," she shares.
"I was in another movie in this tiny little town that was showing Star Wars in its first run," she continues, "I remember reading ...'Pretty Woman came out this weekend and made this much money' and I thought, 'Is that a lot of money? Is that good? Is that great?' I didn't really know."
Julia thinks the best is yet to come. "I think I'm currently peaking," she adds.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'