Justin Bieber Invites Luis Fonsi to Join Him Perform 'Despacito' During Puerto Rico Concert
Justin Bieber never fails to amaze his fans. Just hours after the release of Latin hit song "Despacito" remix, in which he shows off his Spanish vocabulary, the Canadian singer made another headline by inviting Luis Fonsi to his "Purpose Tour" concert in Puerto Rico to perform the groovy track together.
The concert-goers at Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum went wild as Justin smoothly sang in Spanish. They sang along with Justin and Luis throughout the song. After the amazing performance, Justin told the crowd, "Thank you so much. This guy, thank you so much for letting me get on the record. It's amazing! I know you guys love this guy, give him a round of applause. I appreciate it."
"Despacito" is originally a song by Luis and Daddy Yankee. The song's massive popularity got even bigger when Justin joined in the remix version. It is the biggest music debut of 2017 according to YouTube, with 20 million views in the first 24 hours, surpassing Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You".
Luis Fonsi previously said that the song "celebrates out Latin culture and who we are; movement, dancing and rhythm are engraved in my bones." He continued explaining, "The genre I listen to the most is salsa, so people look at me and see this guy who's done mostly romantic ballads, but there's always been this other side. It captures the best of both worlds, and I think that's helped the success of the song."
More Justin Bieber News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck