Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel Will Return for 'Fast and Furious 9', Despite Feud
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel reportedly have buried the hatchet and will return for "Fast and Furious 9". Despite the alleged feud involving them during the filming of "The Fate of the Furious", sources told TMZ that "Vin and Dwayne have met privately several times since animosity between them exploded on the set."
The report later suggested that the feud was all about the competition between the two actors. Both Johnson and Diesel reportedly desired to be the face of the franchise, but Johnson eventually "acknowledged" that "it was Vin's movie." Either way, the sources said that both actors were doing just fine to return for the next installment of the "Fast and Furious" movie series.
Both Johnson and Diesel addressed the feud during "The Fate of the Furious" premiere in New York City on Saturday, April 8. Johnson, who was interviewed separately from Diesel, gave a response to his Instagram rant last August.
"Just like, in life, you have different philosophies and people have different fundamental philosophies on how you do things," said Johnson to Entertainment Tonight. "And again, the most important thing is just the movie. So I'm happy that we're here in New York City, I'm happy the fans love it," he added.
Meanwhile, Diesel suggested that he and Johnson still cared about each other very much. "We still love each other, that's my boy," said Diesel. He added, "When I was making that difficult decision, should there be an 8 or not, I called [Johnson] and he said, 'Brother, I will be there shoulder to shoulder with you to make sure it's the best movie in history.' And he delivered."
"The Fate of the Furious" is currently screening in the U.S, while "Fast and Furious 9" will hit U.S. theaters on April 19, 2019.
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck