Dylan O'Brien Is a Deadly Spy in 'American Assassin' First Teaser
Lionsgate has released the first teaser trailer for "American Assassin", starring Dylan O'Brien and Michael Keaton. The movie is based on Vince Flynn's novel of the same name, following a man named Mitch Rapp (O'Brien) who is secretly recruited by CIA after his girlfriend is killed.
The first part of the trailer sees Mitch being reminded to his past. "So, what do you remember about your parents' death?" asks Sanaa Lathan's Irene. "Car crash," Mitch answers. He is later reminded to "that day on the beach," where his girlfriend Katrina is killed. "You gave up everything after that, didn't you, Mitch?" asks Irene, to which Mitch answers, "No. Not everything."
The next scenes see Mitch training under the watchful eye of Stan Hurley (Keaton), a war veteran whom Irene describes as "a warrior, the best I've ever known." "What is it you think we do here?" asks Stan later in the teaser. "To kill people who need to be killed," says Mitch.
"American Assassin" follows the rise of Mitch Rapp (Dylan O'Brien), a CIA black ops recruit under the instruction of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton). The pair is then enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.
"American Assassin" is set to be released in the U.S. on September 15.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son