Rey's Parentage Will Be Addressed in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
Rey's (Daisy Ridley) parentage was one of the biggest mysteries conveyed in 2015's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", but fans seemingly will have a chance to learn about Rey's parents in the upcoming "Star Wars: The Last Jedi". Director Rian Johnson assures that Rey's parentage is "something that is absolutely going to be addressed in the movie."
Speaking to Good Morning America, Johnson suggests that there will also be other surprises in "The Last Jedi". He says, "There's lots of twists and turns, and I really want people to experience those when they see the movie for the first time. How we address that and how you feel about it and what happens with that is one of them."
Regarding Rey's parentage, fans have made a lot of theories about the matter. Some assume that Rey is a Skywalker, while the others speculate that she may be one of Obi-Wan Kenobi's family members. Some even link Rey to villainous Emperor Palpatine. Whether the theories are true remains to be seen.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi" will hit U.S. theaters on December 15. Mark Hamill will reprise his role as Luke Skywalker, while Carrie Fisher had finished filming her scenes as General Leia before she passed away last December. Other returning cast members include John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie and Andy Serkis. Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran are among the new cast members.
More Star Wars: The Last Jedi News
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life