'Once Upon a Time': Musical Episode Will Be Based on Emma and Hook's Wedding
The joy will be doubled in the highly anticipated musical episode of "Once Upon a Time" season 6 which is set to air on May 7. While the residents of Storybrooke will be singing and dancing, we may also see the fairy tale wedding of Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O'Donoghue).
"When we started talking about the musical, we wanted it to be a special episode,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. He adds, "We thought Emma's wedding felt like the natural milestone for us."
"It felt like the right place. Hopefully, when you see how the device works within the episode and how it relates to Emma and her character journey, it all seems to make sense that it would lead up to this," executive producer Adam Horowitz adds. "It worked on both a plot and character level, and it allowed us the fun of actually doing a musical episode," says Horowitz.
The musical wedding episode, titled "The Song in Your Heart", will feature seven original songs penned by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, with Mark Isham arranging. Lana Parrilla, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Rebecca Mader are among the cast members who will flaunt their singing skills in the episode, joining Jennifer and Colin.
Kitsis promises that the musical episode will be "intimate" and make the viewers understand that it is "a real milestone in Emma's growth." The executive producer also hopes that the musical episode will move the viewers to tears. However, Horowitz reminds us, "Weddings on the TV series 'Once Upon a Time' traditionally are fraught with unexpected circumstances. And this is no different."
[SPOILER ALERT!] In Sunday, April 16 episode of the ABC series, Emma manages to rescue Hook from Neverland. Hook returns to the Storybrooke and reunites with Emma, before he properly proposes to her.
Meanwhile, next episode titled "Where Bluebirds Fly" seemingly will feature more of Zelena (Rebecca Mader). The promo of the episode 18 sees Black Fairy (Jaime Murray) confronting the Wicked Witch of the West. "I'm not afraid of you," Zelena says, to which Black Fairy responds, "Oh, but you should be." The Black Fairy wants to manipulate Zelena in order to get her team up with her, but it's not going to be easy as Zelena can be seen telling Black Fairy, "I came down here to do one thing, [to] kill you!"
"Once Upon a Time" season 6 airs on Sundays at 8 P.M. on ABC.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair