Harry Styles Performs 'Sign of the Times' and Debuts 'Ever Since New York' on 'SNL'
Harry Styles made his fans go wild on Saturday, April 15 when he performed his debut solo single "Sign of the Times" and a new track titled "Ever Since New York" on sketch show "Saturday Night Live". His performances last Saturday marked his debut TV performance as a solo artist. "Sign of the Times" and "Ever Since New York" are two tracks off the pop star's upcoming album which is set to arrive on May 12.
Donning a plaid suit with a button-up shirt underneath, Harry took the stage to sing "Sign of the Times" passionately. The Queen-inspired track sounded both dreamy and intense as the One Direction star serenaded his lover, "Just stop your crying it's a sign of the times/ We gotta get away from here/ Stop your crying baby, it'll be alright/ They told me that the end is near/ We gotta get away."
Harry took the stage for the second time that evening as a musical guest by performing "Ever Since New York". Compared to rock-ballad "Sign of the Times", "Ever Since New York" is more of a slow-beat ballad, although both definitely have '90s vibes.
Rocking a shirt with rolled up sleeves and his signature grin, Harry also showcased his skills of playing guitar while singing, "Brooklyn saw me, empty avenues/ There's no water inside this swimming pool/ Almost over, that's enough from you/ I've been praying, I never did before/ Understand I'm talking to the walls/ And I've been praying ever since New York."
Following "Ever Since New York" debut, speculations began swirling regarding the story behind the track. The song was said inspired by Harry's ex Taylor Swift who got a single titled "Welcome to New York".
Prior to Harry's debut performance, the British crooner revealed the track list, cover art and release date of his forthcoming project on April 13.
More Harry Styles News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck