Sylvester Stallone Rumored to Play This Character in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
Sylvester Stallone's mysterious role in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" might have been unearthed. According to the film's cast list obtained by MoviesBook, Stallone will play Stakar. In the comic books, there is indeed a character named Stakar Ogord or better known as Starhawk.
Before the release of the first film "Guardians of the Galaxy", director James Gunn did say during a press junket that Starhawk was one of his favorite characters. He later confirmed in a Q&A on Twitter that he planned to bring his favorite character to the MCU in the sequel.
"We do have a couple of characters who are very important to the Marvel Universe who are going to make their debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which people don't know about," the helmer teased in a separate occasion. "Sylvester Stallone plays one of these characters ... my friend Michael Rosenbaum also has a pretty decent movie in the role as well and it sort of works in tandem with Sly's character."
The second movie is due May 5 in the U.S. Chris Pratt returns as Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, and Vin Diesel as Groot. Karen Gillan is also back as Nebula and Michael Rooker as Yondu while Kurt Russell is among the new additions.
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility