Sylvester Stallone Rumored to Play This Character in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
Sylvester Stallone's mysterious role in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" might have been unearthed. According to the film's cast list obtained by MoviesBook, Stallone will play Stakar. In the comic books, there is indeed a character named Stakar Ogord or better known as Starhawk.
Before the release of the first film "Guardians of the Galaxy", director James Gunn did say during a press junket that Starhawk was one of his favorite characters. He later confirmed in a Q&A on Twitter that he planned to bring his favorite character to the MCU in the sequel.
"We do have a couple of characters who are very important to the Marvel Universe who are going to make their debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which people don't know about," the helmer teased in a separate occasion. "Sylvester Stallone plays one of these characters ... my friend Michael Rosenbaum also has a pretty decent movie in the role as well and it sort of works in tandem with Sly's character."
The second movie is due May 5 in the U.S. Chris Pratt returns as Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, and Vin Diesel as Groot. Karen Gillan is also back as Nebula and Michael Rooker as Yondu while Kurt Russell is among the new additions.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son