Sylvester Stallone Rumored to Play This Character in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
Sylvester Stallone's mysterious role in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" might have been unearthed. According to the film's cast list obtained by MoviesBook, Stallone will play Stakar. In the comic books, there is indeed a character named Stakar Ogord or better known as Starhawk.
Before the release of the first film "Guardians of the Galaxy", director James Gunn did say during a press junket that Starhawk was one of his favorite characters. He later confirmed in a Q&A on Twitter that he planned to bring his favorite character to the MCU in the sequel.
"We do have a couple of characters who are very important to the Marvel Universe who are going to make their debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which people don't know about," the helmer teased in a separate occasion. "Sylvester Stallone plays one of these characters ... my friend Michael Rosenbaum also has a pretty decent movie in the role as well and it sort of works in tandem with Sly's character."
The second movie is due May 5 in the U.S. Chris Pratt returns as Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, and Vin Diesel as Groot. Karen Gillan is also back as Nebula and Michael Rooker as Yondu while Kurt Russell is among the new additions.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck