Producers: Alec Baldwin Lies About Not Knowing Nikki Reed Was Underage During Sex Scenes
"Mini's First Time" producer and director fire back at Alec Baldwin after the actor said he didn't know how old Nikki Reed was in 2006's racy movie "Mini's First Time". Baldwin claimed in his memoir he was unaware that Reed was underage when they filmed their sex scenes.
"I was forty-seven, and it never occurred to me to ask how old Nikki Reed was. When I found out, just as we finished, that she was seventeen, I flipped out on the producers, who had told me something different," the actor wrote in his book.
"It's a lie," producer Dana Brunetti responds in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I read it and was like, 'What the f**k. Of course he totally knew how old she was. That's why there's no nudity in the movie. He knew before we even cast the movie. I think he's been method acting Trump too much and he doesn't know the difference between fake news anymore."
"If he had just said, 'I didn't know her age,' I would have thought, 'He's a liar,' and let it go," Brunetti continues. "But when he blamed the producers, I couldn't let it go. It [makes us look like] we did something unethical or shady or hid something. It makes me look bad. It makes Evan look bad. Does he realize Kevin was a producer?"
Director Nick Guthe adds, "We all knew she was 16. When we discussed it at first, it was a question of meeting with her and making sure she was mature enough to handle the role. On the set, Nikki, being 16, would often speak quickly the way teenagers do, and Alec asked me about that at times because he had trouble understanding her, and I would remind him, 'She's 16.' "
Co-producer Evan Astrowsky chimes in, "What Alec says happened is not accurate. I completely corroborate that. We were on set every day. The thing that Alec must remember is that Mini, played by Nikki, is a sophomore in high school. I don't know what else to say, except Alec, watch the movie. As for yelling at us after the movie, it absolutely never happened." He quipped, "And here I was gonna vote for him for president in 2020. He just lost my vote."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy