'American Crime Story' Finds Its Donatella Versace in Penelope Cruz
"American Crime Story" season 2 hasn't aired yet, but producers of the FX anthology series have been gathering cast for the third season. The latest name to be added to the lineup is Penelope Cruz, who is tapped to portray Donatella Versace.
Cruz will play the sister of the slain fashion designer Gianni Versace who took over the company following her brother's death. She joins Edgar Ramirez who has been cast as the legendary designer and Darren Criss who will play the killer, Andrew Cunanan, who committed suicide eight days after the assassination.
It marks Cruz's first TV series regular role. The Spanish beauty won an Academy Award for her supporting role in Woody Allen's 2008 movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She's also known for her roles in 2001 films "Vanilla Sky" and "Captain Corelli's Mandolin". Her latest credits include "Zoolander 2" and the upcoming "Murder on the Orient Express" adaptation.
"Versace", the third installment of the FX anthology series, will be based on the book "Vulgar Favors" by Maureen Orth. It will air after the second season, which will focus on the legal issues surrounding Hurricane Katrina. Both seasons are scheduled to premiere in 2018.
More American Crime Story News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal