'American Crime Story' Finds Its Donatella Versace in Penelope Cruz
"American Crime Story" season 2 hasn't aired yet, but producers of the FX anthology series have been gathering cast for the third season. The latest name to be added to the lineup is Penelope Cruz, who is tapped to portray Donatella Versace.
Cruz will play the sister of the slain fashion designer Gianni Versace who took over the company following her brother's death. She joins Edgar Ramirez who has been cast as the legendary designer and Darren Criss who will play the killer, Andrew Cunanan, who committed suicide eight days after the assassination.
It marks Cruz's first TV series regular role. The Spanish beauty won an Academy Award for her supporting role in Woody Allen's 2008 movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She's also known for her roles in 2001 films "Vanilla Sky" and "Captain Corelli's Mandolin". Her latest credits include "Zoolander 2" and the upcoming "Murder on the Orient Express" adaptation.
"Versace", the third installment of the FX anthology series, will be based on the book "Vulgar Favors" by Maureen Orth. It will air after the second season, which will focus on the legal issues surrounding Hurricane Katrina. Both seasons are scheduled to premiere in 2018.
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'