Scarlett Johansson Considering a Career in Politics
Top-grossing actress Scarlett Johansson is considering a career in politics. In the latest interview with Event Magazine (via Daily Mail), the "Ghost in the Shell" actress revealed that she wanted to run for public office, saying that she would consider the idea when her daughter, Rose, is older.
"Hopefully I can protest peacefully. I'd rather not go to jail. If it means running for public office at some point I would consider that," she said. "It would be a pleasure, a privilege to be able to run for public office. I've always imagined that you could be most effective that way, if you had the constitution for it."
"Right now I'm still running after a mini-me," the 32-year-old actress shared. "The few times I've been to the White House Correspondents' Dinner and seen how global politics work, I've seen that all these dealings that affect the whole world happen in small rooms. It's not too dissimilar to the industry I'm familiar with."
Scarlett gave a passionate speech at an anti-Trump rally earlier this year, during when she spoke about the need for family-planning clinics and her own personal experiences with them as a teenager. "Normally, I don't feel like I need to talk to people about such intimate matters. Obviously. Even more so, because everything I say is pulled apart in a million different ways," she said.
"But at this point, I don't care," the Black Widow of "The Avengers" movie series continued. "I feel that if I can share my story and make an impact then that's way more valuable to me than preserving the remnants of privacy."
"I've had it. You know what I mean? I am sick of this conversation being in the mouths of politicians who want to decide what I'm going to do with my body, whether my friends and I are going to be valued or equal to our male friends or family members," said the estranged wife of Romain Dauriac.
"These conversations feel so archaic," she added. "I've got tons of girlfriends who are strong, independent women, doing their thing, raising kids, on a career path, or both, and you just think, 'What is this?' I'm standing up for myself, I'm standing up for my sister and my daughter and my mum and my friends."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist