'Kingsman 2' Release Date Moved Up to a September Slot
"Kingsman: The Golden Circle" will hit U.S. theaters a week sooner than it was previously planned. The release date of the "Kingsman: The Secret Service" sequel has been moved up from October 6 to September 29.
"Kingsman 2" was originally scheduled to be released in June, but it was pushed back to October before moving up to the current release date. With its schedule moving up to September 29, "Kingsman: The Golden Circle" won't have to face a showdown with "Blade Runner 2049", a big movie starring Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling which will be released on October 6.
Directed by Matthew Vaughn, "Kingsman: The Golden Circle" follows the mission of agents Gary "Eggsy" Unwin (Taron Egerton) and Merlin (Mark Strong) to the U.S. The two must work alongside the Statesmen, a secret American agency, to take down new villain who has attacked Kingsman's headquarters.
Also returning to the movie are Colin Firth (Harry Hart) and Sophie Cookson (Roxy/Lancelot). New cast members who have been added to the movie include Halle Berry (Ginger), Channing Tatum (a Statesman secret agent), Jeff Bridges (the head of Statesman), Julianne Moore (Poppy), Pedro Pascal (Jack Daniels) and Edward Holcroft (Charlie Hesketh).
The first "Kingsman" movie, "Kingsman: The Secret Service", grossed $415 million globally in 2015. The British/American film gained positive reviews and was dubbed a stylish and fun spy flick.
More Kingsman: The Golden Circle News
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen