Selena Gomez to Trademark Her Name for Jewelry Line
Selena Gomez wants to make sure that she's the only Selena Gomez in the entertainment industry. According to TMZ, the "It Ain't Me" hitmaker has filed legal papers so that no one else can use her name.
The documents state that Selena wants to make sure that no one can do a live TV, movie appearance or distribute music with the name Selena Gomez. The news outlet also reports that the former Disney darling requests to own the rights to all of her fan club services, which will prevent people from creating a group for any other Selena Gomez that may exist. In addition, Selena asks the right to trademark her name for a jewelry line.
Selena isn't the first celebrity to trademark her name or other associated acts. Her best pal Taylor Swift filed legal documents in 2015 to register a handful of phrases from her "1989" album, including "this sick beat." Kylie Jenner also filed a U.S. trademark application for the term "Kylie" in 2014 for her growing fashion and beauty lines. However, she failed to trademark the term as Kylie Minogue won a legal battle over their shared first name.
Selena was recently spotted enjoying a romantic date with The Weeknd in his hometown of Toronto. The duo reportedly rented out an entire VIP section of the movie theater so they could watch a private screening of the new Jordan Peele-directed movie "Get Out". According to etalk, Selena and The Weeknd spent around $1,200 for their intimate movie date. "She was super cute with him... arms around his neck," an eyewitness told the Canadian entertainment news outlet.
More Selena Gomez News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic