Selena Gomez to Trademark Her Name for Jewelry Line
Selena Gomez wants to make sure that she's the only Selena Gomez in the entertainment industry. According to TMZ, the "It Ain't Me" hitmaker has filed legal papers so that no one else can use her name.
The documents state that Selena wants to make sure that no one can do a live TV, movie appearance or distribute music with the name Selena Gomez. The news outlet also reports that the former Disney darling requests to own the rights to all of her fan club services, which will prevent people from creating a group for any other Selena Gomez that may exist. In addition, Selena asks the right to trademark her name for a jewelry line.
Selena isn't the first celebrity to trademark her name or other associated acts. Her best pal Taylor Swift filed legal documents in 2015 to register a handful of phrases from her "1989" album, including "this sick beat." Kylie Jenner also filed a U.S. trademark application for the term "Kylie" in 2014 for her growing fashion and beauty lines. However, she failed to trademark the term as Kylie Minogue won a legal battle over their shared first name.
Selena was recently spotted enjoying a romantic date with The Weeknd in his hometown of Toronto. The duo reportedly rented out an entire VIP section of the movie theater so they could watch a private screening of the new Jordan Peele-directed movie "Get Out". According to etalk, Selena and The Weeknd spent around $1,200 for their intimate movie date. "She was super cute with him... arms around his neck," an eyewitness told the Canadian entertainment news outlet.
More Selena Gomez News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist