'Marvel's Defenders' Wraps Filming and Iron Fist's Pivotal Role Is Revealed
On the weekend that "Marvel's Iron Fist" premiered on Netflix, "Marvel's The Defenders" has reportedly wrapped up its filming. Makeup artist Sarit Klein shared the news in an Instagram post on Sunday, March 19.
Klein shared a series of photos indicating she and her fellow colleagues were having a wrap party for the series. Klein wrote in the caption, "Defenders wrap party. Makeup team in da house! These girls made this show fun and worked their ass off! Couldn't have done it without all of U!"
"Marvel's The Defenders" is the fifth series she worked on for Netflix and Marvel's project. Sarit Klein previously worked on "Daredevil", "Marvel's Jessica Jones", "Luke Cage" and currently airing "Marvel's Iron Fist" as the department head.
Actress Elodie Yung also took to Instagram to post a few images from the party. Yung, who was confirmed to reprise her role as Elektra Natchios on "Daredevil" season 2, wrote, "How to bomb your friends's picture with class and efficiency #Defenders #defenderswrapparty"
The eight-episode series began its principal photography back in October in New York. With the series wrapping up its filming, fans may expect a teaser to come anytime soon.
Meanwhile, in another related report, actor Finn Jones teased a pivotal role of his character, Iron Fist, on the series. During his interview with IGN, Rand said, "Danny [Rand] is incredible pivotal to the whole narrative of 'The Defenders' which you'll see. In terms of dynamic in the group, he is the most vulnerable, most optimistic, and most reckless of the group."
Last week, Jones also told Entertainment Tonight about Fist's role on the ensemble series. "Danny understands the bigger threat, because he's been dealing it all throughout his life and all throughout season one of Iron Fist." He continued, "So, when he meets The Defenders, he's the one who really drives the group to understand the bigger picture."
"Marvel's The Defenders" follows Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Iron Fist (Finn Jones) and Luke Cage (Mike Colter). The quartet will team up with one common goal-to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.
The premiere date for the series has not been announced yet, though it is rumored for a summer premiere.
More Marvel's The Defenders News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist