'The Batman' Might Scrap Deathstroke as Script Is Reportedly Rewritten From Scratch
Joe Manganiello might not be in "The Batman" after all. Rumors that Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader might not face off Deathstroke emerge after the script for the upcoming solo movie is rumored to be rewritten from the scratch.
According to Slash Film, director Matt Reeves has scrapped the existing script and now looks to start fresh. Manganiello also seems unsure when he was asked during an interview on "Pittsburg Today Live" about his involvement in the movie.
The "Magic Mike" hunk has undergone katana training for the villainous role. Words are, Warner Brothers makes it up to the actor by offering him a different role in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's adaptation of video game "Rampage".
Originally rumored to be directed by Affleck himself, "The Batman" has suffered various setbacks. It was supposed to kick off production next year, but new report suggests it won't begin until 2018. On top of that, the male lead has just checked into rehab.
J.K. Simmons who is expected to reprise his role as Commissioner Gordon recently told ScreenCrush, "My part in the first film coming out this fall is very, very small ... It’s a little introduction of the character. But whenever the next one gets off the ground, whether it's 'The Batman' movie or the 'Justice League' sequel, and I know those things are getting shuffled around right now ... we thought we might be getting to work pretty soon on 'The Batman', but we'll see what the future brings. Hopefully that'll be another comic-book character that I get to take two or three or four cracks at."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3