'Smallville' Star Michael Rosenbaum Will Have 'Decent Role' in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
Director James Gunn just announced exciting news about "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2". During his appearance on "The Adam Carolla Show", the director revealed that "Smallville" star Michael Rosenbaum would have an important role in the superhero movie and it would be connected to Sylvester Stallone's unknown character.
"We do have a couple of characters who are very important to the Marvel universe who are going to make their debut in 'Guardians Vol. 2' which people don't know about," said the director. "Sylvester Stallone plays one of these characters... my friend Michael Rosenbaum also has a pretty decent role in the movie as well, and it sort of works in tandem wth Sly's character."
There's no further details on who Rosenbaum is playing in the movie. But, Rosenbaum is expected to appear on a solid amount of screen time, as Gunn mentioned that the actor had a "pretty decent role." The director and the 44-year-old actor have worked together on Gunn's web series titled "PG Porn". The prolific director once brought Rosenbaum into audition for Star-Lord and the actor reportedly made it to the short-list.
Sharing his excitement, the "Justice League: Throne of Atlantis" actor wrote on Twitter, "I kept yapper shut 4 a year but can finally say what @JamesGunn announced on @adamcarolla I'm in freaking @Guardians @TheSlyStallone @Marvel."
Set to the backdrop of "Awesome Mixtape #2", "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Vin Diesel as Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Michael Rooker as Yondu, Karen Gillan as Nebula and Sean Gunn as Kraglin. New cast members include Pom Klementieff, who portrays Mantis, Elizabeth Debicki, who takes the role of Ayesha, Chris Sullivan, who plays Taserface, and Kurt Russell, who stars as Peter Quill's estranged father Ego.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed