Emma Watson's Salary for 'Beauty and the Beast' Is Unveiled. Find Out How Much
It's less than 24 hours since "Beauty and the Beast (2017)" hit the U.S. theaters, and the movie reportedly already raked in $60 million by Friday afternoon, March 17. And if the movie keeps earning more, Emma Watson will apparently get more money too for portraying Belle in the Disney live-action film.
Emma is reportedly receiving $3 million as an upfront pay, but she will be making a lot more depending on how much money the film will make in theaters. If the movie reaches similar amount to Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent", which brought in $759 million worldwide, Emma's salary for the live-action remake could go up to $15 million.
Some sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that there's no need for Disney to pay big upront salaries, like the big $20 million paycheck that stars like Will Smith get for playing in Netflix's "Bright". The production company is believed as "the right vehicle for the right star." However, the studio also "has the luxury to not have to put a star in there."
"The IP is the star of the movie," a producer claimed. "If you hired Jennifer Lawrence as Belle, would it really make a difference in the opening [of 'Beauty and the Beast']?" said the producer, before adding, "Unlikely."
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video