'Mulan' Live-Action Movie Might Not Be a Musical
The new live-action reimagining of "Mulan" might not prominently feature songs. Unlike the studio's take on "Beauty and the Beast (2017)", Disney is expected to take a different route when it comes to adapting the Hua Mulan saga. The Mouse House is eying a more serious adaptation.
"Mulan is clearly an empowered-female story but we can also do something new in this reimagining, make it a little more muscular, stronger, with touch of Ridley Scott," Walt Disney's president of Motion Picture Production Sean Bailey explains in an interview with Vulture.
"Mulan" has just landed Niki Caro as a director. The original story follows a young woman who disguises herself as a man so she can take her father's place in the army and go to war. With the help of her trusty dragon sidekick Mushu, she becomes a skilled warrior and, eventually, one of the country's greatest heroines.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal