'Mulan' Live-Action Movie Might Not Be a Musical
The new live-action reimagining of "Mulan" might not prominently feature songs. Unlike the studio's take on "Beauty and the Beast (2017)", Disney is expected to take a different route when it comes to adapting the Hua Mulan saga. The Mouse House is eying a more serious adaptation.
"Mulan is clearly an empowered-female story but we can also do something new in this reimagining, make it a little more muscular, stronger, with touch of Ridley Scott," Walt Disney's president of Motion Picture Production Sean Bailey explains in an interview with Vulture.
"Mulan" has just landed Niki Caro as a director. The original story follows a young woman who disguises herself as a man so she can take her father's place in the army and go to war. With the help of her trusty dragon sidekick Mushu, she becomes a skilled warrior and, eventually, one of the country's greatest heroines.
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'