'The Matrix' New Film Is Not a Reboot, Writer Says
Contrary to the internet chatters, the new take on "The Matrix" might not be a reboot after all. Zak Penn who is tapped to write a treatment for the upcoming movie set the record straight on the rumors, suggesting in a series of tweets that the project might be a spin-off instead.
"All I can say at this point is no one could or should REBOOT the Matrix. People who know Animatrix and the comics understand," he wrote. "Can't comment yet except to say that the words 'reboot' and 'remake' were from an article. Let's stop responding to inaccurate news."
"If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves," he referred to the main star of the original film. "How about just re-release the matrix? Don't reboot it, you can't do better."
"Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of the matrix? Yes. Because it's a brilliant idea that generates great stories," he continued. "Look at what people are doing with Xmen universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me."
More The Matrix News
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'