'The Matrix' New Film Is Not a Reboot, Writer Says
Contrary to the internet chatters, the new take on "The Matrix" might not be a reboot after all. Zak Penn who is tapped to write a treatment for the upcoming movie set the record straight on the rumors, suggesting in a series of tweets that the project might be a spin-off instead.
"All I can say at this point is no one could or should REBOOT the Matrix. People who know Animatrix and the comics understand," he wrote. "Can't comment yet except to say that the words 'reboot' and 'remake' were from an article. Let's stop responding to inaccurate news."
"If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves," he referred to the main star of the original film. "How about just re-release the matrix? Don't reboot it, you can't do better."
"Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of the matrix? Yes. Because it's a brilliant idea that generates great stories," he continued. "Look at what people are doing with Xmen universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me."
More The Matrix News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal