'The Matrix' New Film Is Not a Reboot, Writer Says
Contrary to the internet chatters, the new take on "The Matrix" might not be a reboot after all. Zak Penn who is tapped to write a treatment for the upcoming movie set the record straight on the rumors, suggesting in a series of tweets that the project might be a spin-off instead.
"All I can say at this point is no one could or should REBOOT the Matrix. People who know Animatrix and the comics understand," he wrote. "Can't comment yet except to say that the words 'reboot' and 'remake' were from an article. Let's stop responding to inaccurate news."
"If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves," he referred to the main star of the original film. "How about just re-release the matrix? Don't reboot it, you can't do better."
"Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of the matrix? Yes. Because it's a brilliant idea that generates great stories," he continued. "Look at what people are doing with Xmen universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video