'Game of Thrones' Director Teases Biggest Dragons Yet in Season 7
In addition to an epic war, the next season of "Game of Thrones" promises the biggest dragons we'll ever see on the show. As Daenerys and Jon Show are going to join forces for a fight against the White Walkers, she will be joined by the creatures which are now more fearsome than ever before.
Speaking to EW, director Matt Shakman who is helming multiple episodes of the seventh season teases about these bigger dragons. "The dragons this year are the size of 747s," he gushes, adding, "Drogon is the biggest of the bunch - his flame is 30-feet in diameter!"
For reference, a Boeing 747 is about 230 feet long with a 210 feet wingspan, though Shakman is probably being approximate when comparing the dragons to the plane.
"Game of Thrones" returns with the seventh season on Sunday, July 16 on HBO. Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss recently confirmed that the eighth and final season would consist of six episodes.
More Game of Thrones News
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'