'Game of Thrones' Director Teases Biggest Dragons Yet in Season 7
In addition to an epic war, the next season of "Game of Thrones" promises the biggest dragons we'll ever see on the show. As Daenerys and Jon Show are going to join forces for a fight against the White Walkers, she will be joined by the creatures which are now more fearsome than ever before.
Speaking to EW, director Matt Shakman who is helming multiple episodes of the seventh season teases about these bigger dragons. "The dragons this year are the size of 747s," he gushes, adding, "Drogon is the biggest of the bunch - his flame is 30-feet in diameter!"
For reference, a Boeing 747 is about 230 feet long with a 210 feet wingspan, though Shakman is probably being approximate when comparing the dragons to the plane.
"Game of Thrones" returns with the seventh season on Sunday, July 16 on HBO. Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss recently confirmed that the eighth and final season would consist of six episodes.
More Game of Thrones News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal