Former 'Power Rangers' Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Pleads Guilty to Murdering Roommate
Ricardo Medina Jr., a former actor who was famous for his role as Lion Wild Force Ranger in "Power Rangers Wild Force" series, has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter. The 38-year-old admitted that he killed his roommate, Josh Sutter, with a sword back in January 2015. He entered his plea in Antelope Valley Court on Thursday, March 16.
Medina's attorney, Stanley Friedman, said that it made sense for his client to plead guilty. "It was an offer that was definitely worth it for him to take," he said. "It mitigated his risk of potentially getting a life sentence."
Medina was arrested in 2015 but then released because there wasn't enough evidence to build a criminal case against him. Medina at the time claimed that he acted on self-defense. A year after he was released and free from any charges, the case was opened again in 2016 and he was charged with first-degree murder, but apparently there was still not enough evidence to put him in jail.
The investigators said that the "Power Rangers" alum killed his roommate after Sutter barged into Medina's room while they had an argument about the way Medina's girlfriend had parked her car. Out of anger, Medina stabbed Sutter's abdomen multiple times with a sword he kept in his room.
The victim's sister, Rachel Kennedy, admitted that she was relieved to hear Medina finally admitted his guilt. "This was the first step in maybe getting some of my life back," Rachel said. "We just want him where he belongs, and to start trying to live again. That's what Josh would want."
According to Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Medina faces up to six years in state prison when he is sentenced on March 30.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair