Selena Gomez Gets Approval From The Weeknd's Mother After Meeting in His Hometown
Selena Gomez just got an approval from The Weeknd's mom Samra Tesfaye. Right after he finished his "Starboy: Legend of the Fall" Tour in Europe, the "I Feel It Coming" hitmaker jetted to Toronto, Canada, along with his lady. The "Hands to Myself" crooner was then introduced to the "Earned It" singer's mother and they definitely loved each other.
"The Weeknd's mom lives less than an hour away from downtown Toronto and yes, she and Selena have met," said a source to HollywoodLife.com. "They absolutely adore each other," the source added. "She treated them both to a homemade Ethiopian dinner."
The insider went on saying, "She also got a chance to meet some other family members, and a couple of close friends." The source shared, "Selena hopes to spend more time with his family, especially his mom, when Abel [The Weeknd's real name] returns for a couple of shows in May."
Selena and The Weeknd were recently spotted during a movie night in Toronto. The Weeknd reportedly rented out an entire VIP section of the movie theater so he and his girlfriend could watch a private screening of comedy horror film "Get Out". An eyewitness told eTalk, "She was super cute with him, arms around his neck," before adding that the couple kept showing affection during the private viewing.
More Selena Gomez News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters