Jennifer Aniston to Star as Beauty Pageant Queen in 'Dumplin' '
Jennifer Aniston is set to star as a former beauty pageant queen in upcoming movie "Dumplin' ". The comedy will be directed by Anne Fletcher ("Step Up", "The Proposal") with a script from Kristin Hahn.
Jennifer will star as Rosie, a former beauty pageant queen who runs the local Texas pageant. Michael Costigan ("Ghost in the Shell") will serve as producer under his COTA Films banner along with Kristin. Filming is set to begin in the summer.
"Dumplin' " is a music-driven comedy in the vein of "Pitch Perfect" and "Bring It On". The movie is based on the acclaimed Julie Murphy YA novel. The heroine is Willowdean, a confident, plus-sized, teen who is obsessed with Dolly Parton. To spite her mom (Jennifer), Willowdean enlists some friends to join the local pageant.
Will later gains new respect for her mom who, in turn, comes to admire a daughter she's finally able to see, and love, for who she really is.
"Dumplin' " was originated at Disney, but it recently shook loose and will go the indie route. CAA and UTA Independent Film Group are representing domestic sales, while IMR will be launching international sales.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal