Chris Evans May Quit Playing Captain America After 'Avengers: Infinity War'
There may be no more Chris Evans' Captain America. The actor may retire playing the iconic character sooner than everyone has expected.
The 35-year-old actor reportedly has signed a six-film deal with Marvel to play the beloved captain, but according to Esquire, Evans will have fulfilled his contract after completing "Avengers: Infinity War" and its sequel. While the site doesn't directly quote the statement from Evans himself, writer Maximillian Potter suggests that Evans will hang up his superhero costume after completing the two movies.
"Settling in on the couch, he groans," reads the report in the site. "Evans explains that he's hurting all over because he just started his workout routine the day before to get in shape for the next two Captain America films. The movies will be shot back to back beginning in April. After that, no more red- white-and-blue costume for the thirty-five-year-old. He will have fulfilled his contract," the site reads.
The report sparks speculation that Evans' retirement may be the end of Steve Rogers as well. People start wondering whether Steve will sacrifice his life when he faces Thanos in the upcoming "Avengers" movies. There are also rumors that his mantle may be worn by either Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) or Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) after his death.
Either way, we can still see Evans as the captain in the upcoming "Avengers: Infinity War", which is set to hit U.S. theaters on May 4, 2018. In the first set footage, Marvel head Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Avengers will team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man in the movie. It has been said that the Avengers will be completely unprepared to face villain Thanos after the events in "Captain America: Civil War".
"Avengers: Infinity War" cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Tom Holland, Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan and Dave Bautista. "Game of Thrones" star Peter Dinklage is also starring and is speculated to play MODOK, while Benedict Cumberbatch will reprise his role as Doctor Strange.
More Avengers: Infinity War News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video