This Woman Reveals She Is Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter
Rumors have been swirling for years suggesting that Janet Jackson and first husband James DeBarge had a secret child during their marriage. And now, a woman from Philadelphia has come forward to shockingly reveal that she's the long-lost child of the 50-year-old singer.
Radar Online was the first to report the news. The publication also provided some photos of the woman in question, whose name is Tiffany Whyte. She told the news outlet, "I've been kept a secret a very long time," adding, "I want people to know the truth."
Back in 2012, James, who is now 53 years old, claimed that he and Janet had given a child up for adoption before their split in 1985. However, Janet, who recently welcomed her first child with husband Wissam Al Mana, has never publicly commented on the scandal.
Tiffany told the publication that Janet "has been denying me for many years." She said she "waited for 31 years." She revealed she first came to believe she was Janet's heir "roughly seven years ago" when she was approached by a woman claiming to be Janet. Tiffany insisted that "now it's time for me to tell my truth."
"Having grown up in the state foster system, Tiffany never knew her real parents, and the messages seemed like a miracle," according to the publication. While reps for both Janet and James are yet to comment on the report, the news outlet noted that "in recent weeks, Whyte's alleged grandmother, Etterlene DeBarge, announced that she and Tiffany have taken their own test, and it was a match."
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed