Listen to Celine Dion's Emotional Song 'How Does a Moment Last Forever' From 'Beauty and the Beast'
With Disney's upcoming fairytale retelling "Beauty and the Beast (2017)" premiering on March 17, the entertainment company has released the soundtrack for the live-action film. Aside from the entire film soundtrack which are sung by Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Josh Gad and more, the record features three more brand new tracks including Celine Dion's "How Does a Moment Last Forever".
Produced by veteran composer Alan Menken, the beautiful ballad showcases Celine's wide vocal range. She sings, "How does a moment last forever?/ How can a story never die?/ It is love we must hold onto/ Never easy, but we try," over a simple piano melody.
Elsewhere on the song, the Grammy-winning songstress sings about how past moments and memories live on forever. "Minutes turn to hours, days to years and gone/ But when all else has been forgotten/ Still our song lives on/ That's how a moment lasts forever/ When our song lives on," she sings.
Celine announced her involvement in the new movie back in January. "I am thrilled to announce that I'll be performing an all-new original song, 'How Does a Moment Last Forever', for Disney's live-action 'Beauty and the Beast'," so she tweeted. "Being a part of the original film was such a magical experience in my life, and I'm truly honored to be a part of this film again."
At the "Beauty and the Beast" premiere last week, the French-Canadian singer told Us Weekly how her late husband Rene Angelil inspired her to lend her vocals to the song. "It took me a moment to think, 'Should I do that again? Why should I?' I was a little scared because I did it, why would I do that again?" she said.
She continued, "I asked my husband, meditated, asking, 'You have to help me to make my decision.' He says, 'You have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain,' and to make a long story short, I'm here tonight because I'm in love with him, I'm still in love with the Beast," before adding, "You never judge a book by its cover. The Beast is very intimidating; he's a wonderful man. I wish I could dance with him again."
More Celine Dion News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed