Scarlett Johansson's Estranged Husband Begging Her to Cancel Divorce Filing Amid Custody War
Scarlett Johansson's estranged husband Romain Dauriac is reportedly begging her to withdraw her divorce filing. According to Radar Online, the French journalist claims that the 32-year-old actress' decision to make the filing in the wake of their split is "unfortunate."
Romain tells the publication that it's "indeed unfortunate, especially for our daughter, that Scarlett filed in court and made our personal differences so public." The father of 2-year-old daughter Rose Dorothy says he's asking the "Ghost in the Shell" actress to back down in court.
"I would implore her to withdraw her actions promptly and to go back, as uncomfortable as it might be, to the negotiating table," he says. "We are the parents of a lovely daughter whom we will continue to co-parent for many years and share her joys and sorrows as only a parent can."
Scarlett's divorce filing on Tuesday, March 7 was a "total shock" to Romain who wanted primary custody of their only child. "This action came as a total shock and surprise to our client," Romain's divorce attorney Hal Mayerson revealed to Entertainment Tonight.
"There had been negotiations going on. We assumed they would continue to go on, and the parties would try to reach an amicable settlement, as it is in everyone's best interest -- especially in the best interest of their daughter," he said, before adding, "So why Ms. Johansson decided to throw this into the court system and to have her daughter potentially investigated by a forensic psychiatrist or psychologist is a bit surprising to us."
"As a result of these papers, we will have to answer them," Hal continued. "And Mr. Dauriac will be seeking to have primary physical custody of his daughter, because he has been historically the primary physical custodian of their daughter."
Hal went on claiming that Romain's planning to relocate with Rose to Paris. "Ms. Johansson has two apartments [in Paris], and he is open to her having the child in Paris as often as she comes to Paris to have the child," he said. "She certainly has more than adequate homes there, so that is what his goal is."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame