Listen to Wiz Khalifa's Remix of 'Closer' by The Chainsmokers
Wiz Khalifa had a major surprise for those who attended Okeechobee Festival in Florida, United States. The "See You Again" rapper took to Twitter to share footage of him performing his own remix of "Closer" by The Chainsmokers and Halsey.
Performing along with DJ Bonics, Khalifa kept the melody sounded similar in the hook, while at the same time added a touch of hip-hop to it. He also added a unique twist on the lyrics as he could be heard singing, "I know it breaks your heart/ That I only smoke papers, I don't smoke darts, babe."
It's still unclear whether Khalifa's weed-centric remix of "Closer" will be getting an official studio version or not. But based on the crowds' reaction seen in the venue, there's no doubt that people will love it if the rapper releases his own spin of the sensational party anthem.
Khalifa previously teased his new song titled "Gang Up", which is a soundtrack of "The Fate of the Furious" in collaboration with Young Thug, PnB Rock and 2 Chainz. In the snippet, Khalifa can be heard singing, "I'll never change up/ I stack my change up/ And everytime you see me I'm with the same ones/ I throw my gang up/ They saw we came up/ And I ain't in the place if I can't roll a plane up/ I fall asleep on money and I count some more soon as I wake up."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease