Listen to Wiz Khalifa's Remix of 'Closer' by The Chainsmokers
Wiz Khalifa had a major surprise for those who attended Okeechobee Festival in Florida, United States. The "See You Again" rapper took to Twitter to share footage of him performing his own remix of "Closer" by The Chainsmokers and Halsey.
Performing along with DJ Bonics, Khalifa kept the melody sounded similar in the hook, while at the same time added a touch of hip-hop to it. He also added a unique twist on the lyrics as he could be heard singing, "I know it breaks your heart/ That I only smoke papers, I don't smoke darts, babe."
It's still unclear whether Khalifa's weed-centric remix of "Closer" will be getting an official studio version or not. But based on the crowds' reaction seen in the venue, there's no doubt that people will love it if the rapper releases his own spin of the sensational party anthem.
Khalifa previously teased his new song titled "Gang Up", which is a soundtrack of "The Fate of the Furious" in collaboration with Young Thug, PnB Rock and 2 Chainz. In the snippet, Khalifa can be heard singing, "I'll never change up/ I stack my change up/ And everytime you see me I'm with the same ones/ I throw my gang up/ They saw we came up/ And I ain't in the place if I can't roll a plane up/ I fall asleep on money and I count some more soon as I wake up."
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame