Lorde Debuts New Single and Music Video 'Green Light', Reveals New Album 'Melodrama'
Lorde releases her brand new single "Green Light" along with its accompanying music video which sees her dancing her heart out on the street, on the hood of a car, and at a club. The song is taken from her next studio installment "Melodrama" which is expected to come out later this month. She is set to perform her new song for the first time on TV March 11 on "Saturday Night Live".
Despite the dancey tone, Lorde says, "the song is actually about a heartbreak." She explains in an interview with Beats 1's Zane Lowe, "It's not something that I really am used to writing about. It took me a while to be able to figure out how to write about that. It was my first major heartbreak. And the song is really about those moments kind of immediately after your life changes and about all the silly little things that you gravitate towards."
"I say, 'She thinks you love the beach, you're such a liar.' What the f**k, she thinks you like the beach?! You don't like the beach! It's those little stupid things. It sounds so happy and then the lyrics are so intense obviously. And I realized I was like, 'How come this thing is coming out so joyous sounding?' And I realized this is that drunk girl at the party dancing around crying about her ex boyfriend who everyone thinks is a mess. That's her tonight and tomorrow she starts to rebuild. And that's the song for me."
More Lorde News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'