Lorde Debuts New Single and Music Video 'Green Light', Reveals New Album 'Melodrama'
Lorde releases her brand new single "Green Light" along with its accompanying music video which sees her dancing her heart out on the street, on the hood of a car, and at a club. The song is taken from her next studio installment "Melodrama" which is expected to come out later this month. She is set to perform her new song for the first time on TV March 11 on "Saturday Night Live".
Despite the dancey tone, Lorde says, "the song is actually about a heartbreak." She explains in an interview with Beats 1's Zane Lowe, "It's not something that I really am used to writing about. It took me a while to be able to figure out how to write about that. It was my first major heartbreak. And the song is really about those moments kind of immediately after your life changes and about all the silly little things that you gravitate towards."
"I say, 'She thinks you love the beach, you're such a liar.' What the f**k, she thinks you like the beach?! You don't like the beach! It's those little stupid things. It sounds so happy and then the lyrics are so intense obviously. And I realized I was like, 'How come this thing is coming out so joyous sounding?' And I realized this is that drunk girl at the party dancing around crying about her ex boyfriend who everyone thinks is a mess. That's her tonight and tomorrow she starts to rebuild. And that's the song for me."
More Lorde News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease