Lorde Debuts New Single and Music Video 'Green Light', Reveals New Album 'Melodrama'
Lorde releases her brand new single "Green Light" along with its accompanying music video which sees her dancing her heart out on the street, on the hood of a car, and at a club. The song is taken from her next studio installment "Melodrama" which is expected to come out later this month. She is set to perform her new song for the first time on TV March 11 on "Saturday Night Live".
Despite the dancey tone, Lorde says, "the song is actually about a heartbreak." She explains in an interview with Beats 1's Zane Lowe, "It's not something that I really am used to writing about. It took me a while to be able to figure out how to write about that. It was my first major heartbreak. And the song is really about those moments kind of immediately after your life changes and about all the silly little things that you gravitate towards."
"I say, 'She thinks you love the beach, you're such a liar.' What the f**k, she thinks you like the beach?! You don't like the beach! It's those little stupid things. It sounds so happy and then the lyrics are so intense obviously. And I realized I was like, 'How come this thing is coming out so joyous sounding?' And I realized this is that drunk girl at the party dancing around crying about her ex boyfriend who everyone thinks is a mess. That's her tonight and tomorrow she starts to rebuild. And that's the song for me."
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame