Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
Lorde is ready to make a comeback. The 20-year-old New Zealand singer/songwriter has been teasing her forthcoming album over the past few months, with reports suggesting that the new effort could be released in early March.
Over the weekend, Lorde was once again teasing her project with a cryptic television ad which aired in New Zealand. The fifteen-second clip sees the singer sitting in the back seat of a car and enjoying a snack and soda while an up-beat piano-driven tune is playing in the background. The video finishes with a message "2.3.17 NYC" and "3.3.17 NZ", suggesting that a new project will be released on March 2 in the U.S. and a day later in New Zealand.
Lorde also wrote on Twitter on Monday, February 27 a cryptic message, saying, "u hungry?" She followed it up by tweeting a link to a mysterious website titled "M*******A", which features similar video to the ad. In addition to the website, Lorde shared on Facebook a new black-and-white photo of herself donning a black dress while miserably staring at the camera.
Lorde released her breakthrough album "Pure Heroine" in 2013. Since then, there's been little news regarding its follow-up. Last November, the "Royals" hitmaker teased her upcoming effort by taking to Twitter to share a photo of a pair of Apple ear buds. "Listen to the record on these everyday. Wanna hear it exactly how you will," so she captioned it. She also previewed her studio sessions with Bleachers producer Jack Antonoff.
listen to the record on these every day. wanna hear it exactly how you will pic.twitter.com/R5Ove8g94z— Lorde (@lorde) November 15, 2016
More Lorde News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'