Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
Beyonce Knowles and Caitlyn Jenner are speaking out against Donald Trump's anti-transgender policy. The "Single Ladies" hitmaker and the "I Am Cait" star are not happy after Trump rolled back laws protecting transgender children's bathroom rights.
On Thursday, February 24, Beyonce took to Facebook to tell her fans how they can help stop such an appalling change from happening. "#LGBTQ students need to know we support them," she wrote, "Share your support to #protecttransyouth at glsen.org/100days & put #KindnessInAction GLSEN."
Caitlyn Jenner, meanwhile, shared on Instagram a video of her slamming Donald Trump. Wearing a dusty pink top, the former Olympian said, "I have a message for the trans kids of America: you're winning. I know it doesn't feel like it today or every day, but you're winning. Very soon we will win full freedom nationwide, and it's going to be with bipartisan support."
"Now I have a message to the bullies: you're sick. And because you're weak, you pick on kids, you pick on women or anyone else you think is vulnerable. Apparently even becoming the attorney general isn't enough to cure some people of their insecurities," she continued, "As proof, the Supreme Court will soon hear a very important title IX court case thanks to the courage of a very brave young man, Gavin Grimm. Mr. President, we'll see you in court."
"Finally, I have a message for President Trump from, well, from one Republican to another: this is a disaster and you can still fix it. You made a promise to protect the LGBTQ community. Call me," she concluded.
According to a letter sent by the Justice of Education department to schools nationwide on February 22, students would no longer have the right to choose which bathroom or locker they use in school. The final result reportedly stated that it's up to specific districts to ultimately decide if they want to make transgender rooms available.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease