'Power Rangers' Alum Ricardo Medina Jr. Charged With Roommate's Murder
Former "Power Rangers Samurai" actor Ricardo Medina Jr. was arrested Thursday, January 14 on a felony complaint of murder. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced that he's charged with the murder of his roommate Josh Sutter.
If convicted, the 36-year-old actor will face up to 26 years to life in prison. Los Angeles D.A.'s Office mentioned in a press release that prosecutors demanded that Ricardo's bail be set at $1 million. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday, January 19.
Ricardo's attorney, Allen Bell, was disappointed by the charge as it's done a year after the incident happened. He told E! News in a statement, "Waiting a year to charge someone can prejudice a client; memories become faded, you may not be able to find percipient witnesses, and crime scenes can get corrupted. Hopefully we will know more next week."
Allen insisted that his client wasn't guilty. He said, "As far as I know, nothing has changed since a year ago when Rickey was first arrested. From the evidence I am aware of, he is as innocent now as he was then. I have not received any additional information and presumably will know more Tuesday at his arraignment."
Ricardo was first arrested last year for allegedly stabbing his roommate several times. At that time, he was released after prosecutors announced that he wouldn't face any charges.
More Ricardo Medina Jr. News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed