'Power Rangers' Alum Ricardo Medina Jr. Charged With Roommate's Murder
Former "Power Rangers Samurai" actor Ricardo Medina Jr. was arrested Thursday, January 14 on a felony complaint of murder. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced that he's charged with the murder of his roommate Josh Sutter.
If convicted, the 36-year-old actor will face up to 26 years to life in prison. Los Angeles D.A.'s Office mentioned in a press release that prosecutors demanded that Ricardo's bail be set at $1 million. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday, January 19.
Ricardo's attorney, Allen Bell, was disappointed by the charge as it's done a year after the incident happened. He told E! News in a statement, "Waiting a year to charge someone can prejudice a client; memories become faded, you may not be able to find percipient witnesses, and crime scenes can get corrupted. Hopefully we will know more next week."
Allen insisted that his client wasn't guilty. He said, "As far as I know, nothing has changed since a year ago when Rickey was first arrested. From the evidence I am aware of, he is as innocent now as he was then. I have not received any additional information and presumably will know more Tuesday at his arraignment."
Ricardo was first arrested last year for allegedly stabbing his roommate several times. At that time, he was released after prosecutors announced that he wouldn't face any charges.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3