'Power Rangers' Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Released From Jail, Not Charged With Murder
Ricardo Medina Jr. has been released from jail and has not been charged with murder yet after being arrested for allegedly murdering Joshua Sutter. According to KTLA, the "Power Rangers Samurai" star was released from Antelope Valley jail on Tuesday, February 3 at around 4:00 P.M.
Speaking to reporters after his jail release, Ricardo apologized for the incident and offered condolences for Joshua's family. "I'm very, very, very sorry for what occurred," he said, "I'm very happy to be out of jail, and my heart goes out to the Sutter family." Ricardo was released because detectives didn't have enough evidence to build criminal case against him.
Ricardo's lawyer Allen Bell claimed his client acted in self-defense when stabbing Joshua. "He was not only defending himself, but a young lady who was an independent witness, who observed the entire incident and was present with unfortunate issue with the sword occurred," Allen said.
Allen told the site that Joshua was not Ricardo's roommate but a friend who was staying as a houseguest.
A representative for the Los Angeles County DA's office told The Hollywood Reporter that the sheriff's department was asked to conduct further investigation into the stabbing. "His case was rejected, pending further investigation," Deputy Amber Smith said.
If the sheriff's department finds more evidence to present, the DA's office will review it and then decide whether to proceed with charges. The DA's office hasn't ruled out charging Ricardo at a future date.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3