Miley Cyrus' VMA Date Turns Himself in to Police
Jesse Helt, a young homeless man who accepted Miley Cyrus' award at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, reportedly turned himself in to the Polk County jail on Thursday night, August 28. Sheriff Bob Wolfe said Jesse turned himself in on an outstanding warrant for probation violation.
Jesse was originally booked around 8:30 P.M. Corrections Director Martin Silbernagel said the 22-year-old man was allowed to post 10 percent from his $25,000 bail. "He came into the jail with that on him," Martin said. He added Jesse was ordered to appear before a judge in about two weeks.
Jesse gained worldwide attention after Miley let him accept the Moonman and deliver the acceptance speech on her behalf at the VMAs on Sunday. Later, Miley's fans were surprised after Jesse's real identity was revealed. He was actually wanted by Oregon police.
According to court documents obtained by Inside Edition, Jesse was arrested for burglary attempt at an apartment in Salem in 2010. He was then put on probation after he pleaded guilty to criminal trespass. Jesse was also said to have repeatedly violated his probation by using marijuana, failing to take drug test and not completing his community service.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board