Miley Cyrus' VMA Date Turns Himself in to Police
Jesse Helt, a young homeless man who accepted Miley Cyrus' award at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, reportedly turned himself in to the Polk County jail on Thursday night, August 28. Sheriff Bob Wolfe said Jesse turned himself in on an outstanding warrant for probation violation.
Jesse was originally booked around 8:30 P.M. Corrections Director Martin Silbernagel said the 22-year-old man was allowed to post 10 percent from his $25,000 bail. "He came into the jail with that on him," Martin said. He added Jesse was ordered to appear before a judge in about two weeks.
Jesse gained worldwide attention after Miley let him accept the Moonman and deliver the acceptance speech on her behalf at the VMAs on Sunday. Later, Miley's fans were surprised after Jesse's real identity was revealed. He was actually wanted by Oregon police.
According to court documents obtained by Inside Edition, Jesse was arrested for burglary attempt at an apartment in Salem in 2010. He was then put on probation after he pleaded guilty to criminal trespass. Jesse was also said to have repeatedly violated his probation by using marijuana, failing to take drug test and not completing his community service.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville