Miley Cyrus' VMA Date Turns Himself in to Police
Jesse Helt, a young homeless man who accepted Miley Cyrus' award at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, reportedly turned himself in to the Polk County jail on Thursday night, August 28. Sheriff Bob Wolfe said Jesse turned himself in on an outstanding warrant for probation violation.
Jesse was originally booked around 8:30 P.M. Corrections Director Martin Silbernagel said the 22-year-old man was allowed to post 10 percent from his $25,000 bail. "He came into the jail with that on him," Martin said. He added Jesse was ordered to appear before a judge in about two weeks.
Jesse gained worldwide attention after Miley let him accept the Moonman and deliver the acceptance speech on her behalf at the VMAs on Sunday. Later, Miley's fans were surprised after Jesse's real identity was revealed. He was actually wanted by Oregon police.
According to court documents obtained by Inside Edition, Jesse was arrested for burglary attempt at an apartment in Salem in 2010. He was then put on probation after he pleaded guilty to criminal trespass. Jesse was also said to have repeatedly violated his probation by using marijuana, failing to take drug test and not completing his community service.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'