Taylor Swift Releases 'Shake It Off' Outtakes Video
After her "Shake It Off" made its debut at No. 1 on Billboard 100, Taylor Swift gave her fans a behind-the-scenes look at the new single's music video. "I can't thank radio and you all enough for the Hot 100 #1! But I can give you this video of Shake It Off outtakes," she alerted millions of her followers on Twitter.
The clip, which focuses on the cheerleading part, is apparently just the first of many videos Swift will release in the future. In it, the 24-year-old superstar is also featured revealing the preparations she made for the long, intense three-day shoot.
"What I did to prepare for this shoot was I did a lot of running, which I hate," she said. "But I've been running a lot just so that I can do this amount of cardio because [director Mark Romanek] has been warning me for about a month now, like, 'You need to get ready for this,' " she explains.
She also discusses the meaning behind the self-empowering track. She says, "A lot of people who, I think, will relate to this song are people who are dealing with not ever really feeling cool with themselves because other people make them feel like they don't fit in."
"One thing I learned in this whole process is you can get everything you want in your life without ever feeling like you fit in. Selling millions of records doesn't make me feel cool - it makes me feel proud and I have a lot of people on my side and I've worked really hard. But I don't think it's the most important thing in life to fit in. I think it's the most important thing in life to dance to the beat of your own drum and to look like you're having more fun than the people who look cool, like they fit in," she adds.
More Taylor Swift News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage