Iggy Azalea Initially Turned Down Chance to Collaborate With Ariana Grande
Iggy Azalea didn't know that working with Ariana Grande would be one of the best decisions she'd ever made. The Australian raptress, who has topped the charts with their collaboration "Problem", revealed that she once turned down a chance to record a song with the former Nickelodeon star.
In a new interview with Grammy.com, Azalea said that Grande asked her if she wanted to do a joint project for her debut album, last year's "Yours Truly". The "Fancy" hitmaker rejected the idea because she thought the pint-sized diva was a child.
"And I didn't do it even though I thought she was amazing because I thought she was much younger than what she is," Azalea explained. She later changed her mind after finding out that Grande wasn't that young.
"When I realized she was so close to my age, I was like - wait you're an adult!" the 24-year-old star continued. "I felt that my music was kind of so risque and I knew she had a Disney show... I didn't feel it was appropriate but then I actually met her and I found out that she's a grown-up and I was like 'oh ok!' "
Azalea didn't get to work with Grande for "Yours Truly", but she eventually recorded future hit "Problem" for the former "Sam & Cat" actress' sophomore record "My Everything".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video