Actor Kai Ko Who Was Arrested With Jackie Chan's Son Is Released
A Taiwanese actor named Kai Ko who was arrested for drug possession alongside Jackie Chan's son Jaycee Chan is released from custody after 14 days. Ko was released on Friday morning, August 29 local time. The police escorted the actor and his family to a five-star hotel as dozens of photographers were waiting outside the detention center, South China Morning Post reports.
The 23-year-old actor, who is also known as Chen-Tung Ko, later was caught on camera seemingly trying to start a fight with a photographer at the hotel's parking lot. Ko's agent, however, told news outlet Tencent in a phone interview that it was not true, adding that he was actually trying to keep his father and the photographer from fighting. Ko and his family will hold a press conference in the afternoon regarding his run-in with the law.
Earlier this month, police found 100 grams of marijuana at Jaycee's home. Both Jaycee and Ko were tested positive for marijuana and confessed to using the drug. Jaycee was also accused of "providing a shelter for others to abuse drugs."
Jackie Chan admitted that he was "enraged" after learning of his son's drug use. "When I first heard the news, I was absolutely enraged. As a public figure, I feel very ashamed; as his dad, I'm very sad and disappointed. But the person who feels heartbroken the most is his mom," the "Rush Hour 3" actor said in a statement. "I hope our younger generation will learn from Jaycee's mistake and stay far away from drug abuse."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'