Captain America to Assemble New Superhero Team in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Some interesting tidbits on the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" have been revealed. At the end of the movie, according to Badass Digest, Captain America "will assemble a team that is a mix of familiar and new faces, leading forward into Phase Three."
The possible new characters are not all named since "some have changed in between drafts ... but one character who has always been in this new team is Captain Marvel." The heroine also known as Ms. Marvel was originally set to make a cameo in "The Avengers" sequel.
"But now I'm hearing that Marvel has cold feet about including her in the film," the site reports. "Not because they're against the character - my sources assure me she is coming and it's very plausible she could be on the team in 'Avengers 3' - but because they're not certain they want to introduce her in this way. They basically aren't certain they want to just drop her into the MCU fully formed in a team movie."
The studio apparently is no longer too fond of doing origin stories like they did in the first "Iron Man" and "Captain America: The First Avenger", but they are not completely okay with the idea of simply dropping a fully-formed character into the Universe either.
"This is part of the reason why you won't see Black Panther in the movie, despite the film visiting Wakanda so Ultron can get vibranium. There's enough time passed between the end of the action in Age of Ultron and that final scene for Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel) to get powers, a costume and have a career as a hero, but the powers-that-be aren't sure how this will play on film."
The site also notes, "This new version of The Avengers isn't involved in an action sequence or anything. So changing the characters can be done up until the last minute without hurting the story itself."
"Age of Ultron" is due May 1, 2015 Stateside. Robert Downey Jr. is back as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and Mark Ruffalo as Hulk. Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are added as Quick Silver and his twin sister Scarlet Witch respectively.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week