Ray J Takes Plea Deal in Assault Case
Singer Ray J has coped a plea deal with the prosecutors in connection to his battery and assault case. As reported by CNN, a prosecutor said on Thursday, August 28 that the R&B singer pleaded no contest to misdemeanor trespassing. As a part of the deal, other charges of sexual battery, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest were dropped.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edward Moreton then sentenced him to three years of probation. Besides, he was ordered to complete 50 hours of community service, take an anger management class and sign up for an alcohol therapy.
Ray's legal trouble started in May when he allegedly touched a woman's backside when he was at a bar at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Ray later allegedly was involved in an argument with a staffer and spit on a police officer.
"After the uniform police officers took Mr. Norwood into custody and placed him in the rear of a police vehicle, he became belligerent and used his feet to shatter the side window of the police vehicle," read the police statement back then. Ray claimed that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
The 33-year-old singer, who got famous after appearing in a sex tape with his then-girlfriend Kim Kardashian, is now banned from the luxury hotel. He was also ordered to pay restitution which would be determined in December.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding