Ray J Takes Plea Deal in Assault Case
Singer Ray J has coped a plea deal with the prosecutors in connection to his battery and assault case. As reported by CNN, a prosecutor said on Thursday, August 28 that the R&B singer pleaded no contest to misdemeanor trespassing. As a part of the deal, other charges of sexual battery, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest were dropped.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edward Moreton then sentenced him to three years of probation. Besides, he was ordered to complete 50 hours of community service, take an anger management class and sign up for an alcohol therapy.
Ray's legal trouble started in May when he allegedly touched a woman's backside when he was at a bar at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Ray later allegedly was involved in an argument with a staffer and spit on a police officer.
"After the uniform police officers took Mr. Norwood into custody and placed him in the rear of a police vehicle, he became belligerent and used his feet to shatter the side window of the police vehicle," read the police statement back then. Ray claimed that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
The 33-year-old singer, who got famous after appearing in a sex tape with his then-girlfriend Kim Kardashian, is now banned from the luxury hotel. He was also ordered to pay restitution which would be determined in December.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party