Ray J Takes Plea Deal in Assault Case
Singer Ray J has coped a plea deal with the prosecutors in connection to his battery and assault case. As reported by CNN, a prosecutor said on Thursday, August 28 that the R&B singer pleaded no contest to misdemeanor trespassing. As a part of the deal, other charges of sexual battery, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest were dropped.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edward Moreton then sentenced him to three years of probation. Besides, he was ordered to complete 50 hours of community service, take an anger management class and sign up for an alcohol therapy.
Ray's legal trouble started in May when he allegedly touched a woman's backside when he was at a bar at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Ray later allegedly was involved in an argument with a staffer and spit on a police officer.
"After the uniform police officers took Mr. Norwood into custody and placed him in the rear of a police vehicle, he became belligerent and used his feet to shatter the side window of the police vehicle," read the police statement back then. Ray claimed that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
The 33-year-old singer, who got famous after appearing in a sex tape with his then-girlfriend Kim Kardashian, is now banned from the luxury hotel. He was also ordered to pay restitution which would be determined in December.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung