Bruce Springsteen to Release Picture Book 'Outlaw Pete'
Bruce Springsteen is releasing a book. Publisher Simon & Schuster announced on Thursday, August 28 that a picture book titled "Outlaw Pete" by the veteran singer and Frank Caruso would hit the stores on November 4. In addition to the hard copy, the book which centers on the story of a baby who robs banks in the West will be available in E-book format.
"Outlaw Pete is essentially the story of a man trying to outlive and outrun his sins," Springsteen said in a press release. It is inspired by his 2009 song of the same name which is featured in "Working on a Dream" album. Both song and the book are inspired by "Brave Cowboy Bill", a 1950s children's book which his mother read when he was a child.
"When Bruce wrote Outlaw Pete, he didn't just write a great song, he created a great character. The first time I heard the song this book played out in my head. Like Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, Dorothy Gale and for me, even Popeye, Outlaw Pete cuts deep into the folklore of our country and weaves its way into the fabric of great American literary characters," Caruso said of the work.
Springsteen is not the only superstar who releases a picture book. Madonna previously dropped some picture books titled "The English Roses" and "Mr. Peabody's Apples" among others. The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards will also release a picture book "Gus & Me" on September 9.
More Bruce Springsteen News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival